To maintain high seed quality during storage, please observe the following guidelines:
- Seeds survive best in cool conditions with low humidity.
Keep seed as cool as possible
- Store out of direct sunlight.
- Do not store against a north facing wall during warmer months.
- Do not store close to the roof where temperatures are high.
- Avoid fluctuations in temperature.
- Good ventilation minimises heat and moisture.
- Keep the seed storage area well ventilated.
- Leave space between stacks to allow air to circulate freely.
- Excess moisture while seed is in storage can be damaging (e.g. reduced germination)
Keep seed dry
- Store away from doorways.
- Store off the floor on pallets.
- Keep storage time to a minimum.
- If seed is stored for an extended period, the germination percentage can be reduced.
Please contact your local PGG Wrightson Seeds Sales Agronomists to discuss product availability and mixes. If a product is not available, we can assist in finding a suitable replacement.
Products contained in seed treatments used by PGG Wrightson Seeds are subject to change without notice. Please refer to the bag information label at time of purchase for details of current inclusions in PGG Wrightson Seeds seed treatment.