Prepare paddock and sow an elite perennial pasture variety such as:
BASE AR37, REWARD ENDO 5, PLATFORM AR37, CONFEDERATE, QUANTICA MAXP® OR QUANTUM II MAXP® MIXED WITH PGG WRIGHTSON SEEDS PROPRIETARY CLOVERS.
- Cultivate or direct drill (depending on paddock) an elite perennial pasture with clovers, introduce new species suited to your farming system and environment.
- Always sow new pastures with fertiliser which should include nitrogen and phosphorus.
- Monitor slug populations before and after sowing and apply slug bait if needed. (It is highly advised to apply slug bait after crops, especially where trash is lying around from previous crops). Slugs thrive under moist conditions.
- Ensure drilling occurs in good conditions, avoid drilling when soils are too wet as this creates deep open drill rows. Always use press wheels or roll afterward and ensure the slot is closed. Sow at a depth of 10-15mm.
- If using cultivation to sow new perennial pasture, cultivate to form a fine but firm weed-free seedbed. Consolidate before and after sowing and sow seed at 10-15mm depth. Consolidation is essential to ensure good seed to soil contact and even establishment.
# Platform has been bred, selected and successfully tested as a perennial and will function as a perennial ryegrass. Due to small number of tip awns, Platform is certified as Lolium boucheanum. For more information on AR37 see PGG Wrightson Seeds Product Guide or visit ar37endophyte.com